Student and other user-related funds provide approximately 65% of our annual budget. Contributions from churches, individuals, and businesses provide the remainder. To support this important work financially, you may provide a tax-deductible donation.
To make your contribution online, fill out the form below and then contribute using a credit card or PayPal account:
Pledge a Recurring Donation
If you have an interest in supporting SMBI in an ongoing way, we have now made that option available online. To do so, please visit the recurring donation page and follow the instructions.
Donate by Mail
Because of the cost of credit card processing, we request that larger donations are made via check. Your contribution can be sent by mail to the following address:
All contributions are immensely helpful and appreciated! For questions regarding current needs and contribution opportunities, please contact the SMBI office at 717-485-4341.
Sharon Mennonite Bible Institute
7304 Lincoln Highway
Harrisonville, PA 17228
Specific Prayer and Support Opportunities
- Praise and Rejoicing!!! It was a sacred moment (7/28) as I opened the mail. Four contributions totaled $9,000 to complete the full $270,000 goal for the purchase of 17.7 acres, with a house and outbuildings! Praise the Lord! God provides above and beyond- in His time. “Beyond” because emails and phone calls have informed us of at least three checks still in the mail that can be rolled over to phase 2 or 3. In addition, we have received some much needed general fund contributions. Rejoice with us! Bless the Lord! And thank you to all who have contributed and been a part of His active provision. Closing is scheduled for 10 a.m. Thursday July 30.
- Praise God for the benefit we are already receiving from the purchase of the new property by being able to discontinue a long-term rental property. It will also be used during Family Week and Samuel and Jodie Heatwole plan to move in Aug. 15.
- Praise God for His provision and direction amid the cancellation of fifth term and WATER and the cancellation of most of the early summer rentals.
- Praise God for health and providing direction in these unusual and uncertain times.
- Housing Project Background- On May 3, 2019, the SMBI Association decided to make an offer on 17.7 acres with an existing house and outbuildings adjacent to the campus. The owner counter-offered with a selling price of $265,000 which the association accepted on June 17,2019. That same day, a donation was received for the down payment and later a purchase agreement was signed with a closing date of July 30, 2020. For the full story, see the October – December, 2019 Monitor. If you wish to donate toward this purchase you may do so by mail as described above. You may also contribute anonymously through the Anabaptist Foundation at 55 Whisper Creek Drive, Lewisburg, PA, 17837 earmarked “SMBI Housing Fund.”
As use plans have been developed for the new property, the association and facilities committee have identified several phases.
· Phase 1, of course, is the land purchase. The cost of this phase includes the purchase price and closing costs for a total of $270,000. Fully Funded!!!
· Phase 2 is the Project and Land Development Plan. This includes engineering, prints, permits, and sewer tests at an estimated cost of $25,000.
· Phase 3 (amount to be announced) is construction of a staff house for expanded housing.
· Phase 4 is construction of another staff house to replace the rental housing.
· Phase 5 is additional land use developments.
Support SMBI through your purchases.
Choose Amazon smile while shopping on Amazon – The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. The purchase price is the amount paid for the item minus any rebates and excluding shipping & handling, gift-wrapping fees, taxes, or service charges.
As you see, at smile.amazon.com you can choose a charity. That charity then gets a donation based on how much you spend while shopping. You can choose Sharon Mennonite Bible Institute when choosing a charity. Amount contributed to SMBI as of May, 2020 is $491.23.