Student and other user-related funds provide approximately 65% of our annual budget. Contributions from churches, individuals, and businesses provide the remainder. To support this important work financially, you may provide a tax-deductible donation.
To make your contribution online, fill out the form below and then contribute using a credit card or PayPal account:
Pledge a Recurring Donation
If you have an interest in supporting SMBI in an ongoing way, we have now made that option available online. To do so, please visit the recurring donation page and follow the instructions.
Donate by Mail
Because of the cost of credit card processing, we request that larger donations are made via check. Your contribution can be sent by mail to the following address:
All contributions are immensely helpful and appreciated! For questions regarding current needs and contribution opportunities, please contact the SMBI office at 717-485-4341.
Sharon Mennonite Bible Institute
7304 Lincoln Highway
Harrisonville, PA 17228
Specific Prayer and Support Opportunities
- Pray for God’s provision and direction amid the cancellation of fifth term and WATER and likely cancellation of at least some of the summer rentals.
- On May 3, 2019, the SMBI Association decided to make an offer on 17.7 acres with an existing house and outbuildings adjacent to the campus. The owner counter-offered with a selling price of $265,000 which the association accepted on June 17,2019. That same day, a donation was received for the down payment and later a purchase agreement was signed with a closing date of July 30, 2020. For the full story, see the October – December, 2019 Monitor. If you wish to donate toward this purchase you may do so by mail as described above. You may also contribute anonymously through the Anabaptist Foundation at 55 Whisper Creek Drive, Lewisburg, PA, 17837 earmarked “SMBI Housing Fund.”
As use plans have been developed for the new property, the association and facilities committee have identified several phases.
· Phase 1, of course, is the land purchase. The cost of this phase includes the purchase price and closing costs for a total of $270,000.
· Phase 2 is the Project and Land Development Plan. This includes engineering, prints, permits, and sewer tests at an estimated cost of $20,000.
· Phase 3 is construction of a staff house for expanded housing.
· Phase 4 is construction of another staff house to replace the rental housing.
· Phase 5 is additional land use developments.
- Praise God for health and providing for direction in these unusual and uncertain times.
- Praise God for the benefit we are already receiving from the purchase of the new property be being able to discontinue a long-term rental property.
- Praise God for contributions which have helped to provide amid the cancellation of fifth term and WATER
Support SMBI through your purchases.
Choose Amazon smile while shopping on Amazon – The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. The purchase price is the amount paid for the item minus any rebates and excluding shipping & handling, gift-wrapping fees, taxes, or service charges.
As you see, at smile.amazon.com you can choose a charity. That charity then gets a donation based on how much you spend while shopping. You can choose Sharon Mennonite Bible Institute when choosing a charity.