No products in the cart.
Student and other user-related funds provide approximately 65% of our annual budget. Contributions from churches, individuals, and businesses provide the remainder. To support this important work financially, you may provide a tax-deductible donation.
To make your contribution online, fill out the form below and then contribute using a credit card or PayPal account:
Pledge a Recurring Donation
If you have an interest in supporting SMBI in an ongoing way, we have now made that option available online. To do so, please visit the recurring donation page and follow the instructions.
Donate by Mail
Because of the cost of credit card processing, we request that larger donations are made via check. Your contribution can be sent by mail to the following address:
All contributions are immensely helpful and appreciated! For questions regarding current needs and contribution opportunities, please contact the SMBI office at 717-485-4341.
Sharon Mennonite Bible Institute
7304 Lincoln Highway
Harrisonville, PA 17228
Specific Prayer and Support Opportunities
- Praise God for a committed student body and staff through this unusual “COVID year.” While experiencing episodes of COVID, occasional other health issues, and numerous injuries, we’ve been blessed with good health overall.
- Praise God for health and providing direction in these unusual and uncertain times and the opportunities
- Housing Project- Plans are to construct a residential house, during the summer of 2021, on the property purchased adjacent to the institute. This will provide a family dwelling as well as flexibility for guest or other housing. If you wish to donate toward this project you may do so by mail as described above. You may also contribute anonymously through the Anabaptist Foundation at 55 Whisper Creek Drive, Lewisburg, PA, 17837 earmarked “SMBI Housing Fund.” If you are interested in contributing materials or labor to the project please contact the institute.
- Housing Project Background- On May 3, 2019, the SMBI Association decided to make an offer on 17.7 acres with an existing house and outbuildings adjacent to the campus. The owner counter-offered with a selling price of $265,000 which the association accepted on June 17,2019. That same day, a donation was received for the down payment. For the full story, see the October – December, 2019 Monitor. Closing on the property was July 30, 2020. There was a need for additional housing as well as replacement of two rental properties which SMBI has rented for most of the past 30 or more years.
Thank-you & Praise the Lord!
|Current Labor/Materials Donations for the Building Project |
– Concrete flatwork– labor
– Stonework– materials and labor
– Electrical labor
– Roofing labor
– Kitchen cabinets
– Laundry and snack bar cabinets
– Flooring – materials and labor
As use plans have been developed for the new property, the association and facilities committee have identified several phases.
· Phase 1, of course, is the land purchase. The cost of this phase includes the purchase price and closing costs for a total of $270,000. Fully Funded!!!
· Phase 2 is the Project and Land Development Plan. This includes engineering, prints, permits, and sewer tests at an estimated cost of $25,000. Fully Funded!!!
· Phase 3 is construction of a staff house for expanded housing. Total project costs are approximately $300,000 including cash, material, and labor donations.
· Phase 4 is possible construction of another staff house to replace the rental housing or finish the basement of the house constructed in phase 3.
· Phase 5 is additional land use developments.
Support SMBI through your purchases.
Choose Amazon smile while shopping on Amazon – The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. The purchase price is the amount paid for the item minus any rebates and excluding shipping & handling, gift-wrapping fees, taxes, or service charges.
As you see, at smile.amazon.com you can choose a charity. That charity then gets a donation based on how much you spend while shopping. You can choose Sharon Mennonite Bible Institute when choosing a charity. Amount contributed to SMBI as of May, 2020 is $491.23.